Ceremonies for Ministers
Jun 18, 2017 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Rev. Jenni Vinecourt
- This event has passed.
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED
So you have become a Spiritualist Minister. Now what? Have you wondered what you will do when someone asks you to perform a wedding or a funeral? Though you have had training in this, was it enough for you to be confident? Without some experience under your belt, these requests can cause some anxiety in a new or even a seasoned minister. Join Rev. Jenni Vinecourt for this experiential workshop that focuses on the many facets of “doing” ceremony and also explore some of the moral, legal and ethical issues surrounding the ceremonies we as ministers are often asked to officiate.
During your seminar we will explore:
- Multiple components of ceremonies and how to create your own
- Several types of ceremonies ~ weddings, renewals, commitment ceremonies, baptisms, naming ceremonies, memorials and funerals
- Meeting with families and how to support them in celebration and or grief
- Examples of intake sheets for different types of ceremonies
- How to approach ceremonies with combined religious traditions
- Examples of many types of ceremonies to use in your own profession
- The legal aspects of performing weddings
- Ethical and Moral aspects
- How to dress appropriately
- The question of fees for your professional services
- Tips and pointers on what can go wrong and right
Although this workshop is geared for those in the ministry, it is open to all students. Be prepared to participate in mock ceremonies and above all be prepared to have fun while learning more about how to be of better service!
Rev. Jenni Vinecourt has had a lifetime interest in the metaphysical field. She is a 1999 graduate of Fellowships of the Spirit School of Healing and Prophecy and holds dual ordination papers from both Fellowships of the Spirit and The Church of the Angels in Chesterland, Ohio, where she is Pastor. Rev. Jenni shares her love, healing and knowledge through lectures, private readings, circles and experiential workshops. www.RevJenni.com